AQC was founded in 1953 in Chittagong. Our Founder, Late A. Qasem, FCA was the senior most practicing Chartered Accountant of the country and completed his training from Kolkata (erstwhile Calcutta) branch of A.C Roy & Co. in 1946. He was the Founder President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB). Mr. A. Qasem also served as the President of the Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industries (DCCI) in 1968. The first office premise of AQC opened at Andarkilla, Chittagong in 1953 and later was moved to Dost Building in Chittagong. The head office was shifted to Dhaka in the mid-50s. Today we operate from 2 offices in Dhaka and one in Chittagong with over 300 professional staff and nearly 40 administrative staff members.
At a Glance
· Founded in 1953
· 7 partners, 30+ qualified professional accountants and overall 300+ professionals
· In addition to professional accountants like CAs, ACCA, CMA and CIPFA, we have people with diverse professional qualifications like Lawyers, CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner), MBA, to name a few
· 2 offices in Dhaka and 1 in Chittagong
· Offering specialized services in Assurance, Advisory and Tax
· Growing workforce at 20% per year
· Strong focus on Corporate Social Responsibility and our local communities
· ICAEW authorised employer
· Awarded as Best Employer by ACCA for two years
A. Qasem & Co. is a Member Firm of ECOVIS International with effect from March 01, 2021. ECOVIS is a leading global professional services firm with its origins in Continental Europe, and headquarters in Germany. It has presence in over 85 countries. Its focus and core competencies lie in the areas of accounting, auditing, tax consultation, and legal advice.
In its long and illustrious journey of nearly seven decades, AQC with various global network of professional services firms. AQC was the Recommended Correspondent Firm of Coopers & Lybrand from 1978 to 1994, and as their Associate Firm from 1994 to 1998.
After Coopers & Lybrand merged with Price Waterhouse in 1998 and formed the new global giant PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers), one of the Big 4 Professional Services Firms in the world, AQC represented PwC in Bangladesh as Associate Firm and Cooperating Firm from 1999 to 2012.
Since January, 2015 until the end of February, 2021, AQC has been a Member Firm of Ernst & Young (EY), one of the Big 4 Professional Services Firms (PSF) in the world.
This long history of foreign affiliations provided us the unique opportunity to work with hundreds of clients across the globe, understand diverse requirements, gain expert knowledge on global accounting and auditing standards, and afford international exposure to our valuable workforce.
Relationship with international and local accounting regulatory bodies
· Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) authorized employer
· Winner of ACCA Achievement Award 2014 & 2015
· One of the largest ACCA trainers in Bangladesh with over 40 Members, Affiliates & Students
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB):
· 1st President of ICAB
· 27 years as Council Member of ICAB
- Our current Senior Partner Mr. Sohel Kasem is a former President of ICAB (2004) and has served 9 consecutive 3-year terms on the Council of ICAB till 2021.
- The Partner in Charge of our Chittagong Branch, Mr. Md. Johirul Islam, is an elected Member of the National Council of ICAB since 2022.
· 3 other Past Presidents of ICAB
In addition to Mr. A. Qasem and Mr. Sohel Kasem, three of our esteemed former Partners were Presidents of ICAB
· 1st Chairman of the Quality Assurance Board of ICAB
current Senior PartnerMr. Sohel Kasem was the first Chairman
of the Quality Assurance Board of ICAB, which plays a vital role in ensuring
quality of audits in Bangladesh
Our current Senior PartnerMr. Sohel Kasem was the first Chairman of the Quality Assurance Board of ICAB, which plays a vital role in ensuring quality of audits in Bangladesh
· Membership in Committees of ICAB
Our Partners serve on various important committees of ICAB, namely the Dhaka Regional Committee, Technical and Research Committee, Board of Studies, Articled Students Committee, IT Committee to name a few